“Personal Information” means any information that can directly or indirectly identify you or another person.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Your name, email address and IP address upon submission of the Retail Employer Of The Year voting form.
- Responses submitted via the Retail Employer Of The Year voting form and contact form.
- Any other information you give us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- From you directly (like when you provide your details to us).
- From you indirectly (like when you interact with us on social media).
- From places where the information is publicly available.
- We will only store your contact information throughout the voting period to ensure fair votes of 1 per user, or if you select to be notified of the winners. Otherwise, all contact information will be deleted 1 month after voting closes and the winners are announced.
WHY WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- To collate votes and determine the winner of Retail Employer Of The Year
- To help you use our Website.
- To respond to your questions and to tell you more about us.
- To operate and maintain our Website.
- For our internal records.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- For any other purposes that you authorise
Sometimes we might share survey responses including comments about why you nominated a specific retailer, this will be shared across social channels and email updates across our Australian and New Zealand networks – survey responses will be shared anonymously. We won’t share your Personal Information with anyone else, unless the law requires us to.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have reasonable protections in place against unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure and loss of your Personal Information.
SEEING OR CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You’re allowed to see what Personal Information we have about you, and you can ask us to correct it if you think it’s wrong. If there is a legal reason why we can’t let you see it, or if we don’t agree with your correction, we will advise you. If you have opted to be notified of the winners, and then change your mind you can unsubscribe at any time.
We will only use your Personal Information for the reasons that we collected it. If we don’t need your Personal Information anymore for those reasons, then we will stop using it.
If you think that we haven’t properly protected your privacy, you can contact us here via
A ‘cookie’ is a small file placed in your web browser that collects information about your web browsing behaviour. The use of ‘cookies’ allows a website to tailor its configuration to your needs and preferences, as well as potentially serve ads to you while you are browsing the Internet. Although ‘cookies’ do not access information stored on your computer or any personal information (e.g. name, address, email address or telephone number), they do allow the collection of identifiable information.